POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My basement with desk : Re: My basement with desk Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My basement with desk
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 6 Apr 2004 22:28:47
Message: <4073675f@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

> Wow -- I thought this was a photograph at first!
> Damn fine work!

Naw... The photograph looks much worse.  ;-)  This desk will never be big
enough for my ego.

Actually, I've started experimenting with with "fade_distance" and "fade
power" using area lights (10x20 for the flourescents in this case, and 5x5
circular for the incandescents).  Even without radiosity, those two things
seem to make an "indoor" image come to life.  I keep doing "outdoor" images,
so I don't really get to play around with a lot of things like that very
often.

I don't know if you've been to my site, but there is a very small write-up
on the basement scene at the end of my layman's intro to pov-ray.
http://www.beantoad.com/Introduction.htm

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com